Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Again... Crud

It's Monday. That sucks. I hate Monday. But... this week is a short week for me. Later in the week I am tagging along on a business trip my wife is taking. It'll be a long weekend for me, thanks.

How about some bad news. My predictions for the Major League Baseball postseason remain at 50%. Unfortunately. That means the Yankees beat the Angels to earn a trip to the World Series. Unfortunately. The Red Sox let me down. The Twins let me down. The Angels let me down. Now it's the Phillies turn.

The World Series will be a match up between the New York Yankees (aka Satan's favorite team) and the Philadelphia Phillies. In a word: Go Phillies. (that's two words) I am a Phillies fan through and through... for the next four to seven games at least. But, again, having said that, again, the Yankees will beat them. That's my prediction. No one is going to beat the Evil Ones this year. The Yankees will win it and probably quick. I'm not even sure I want to give the Phils a game. I think the Yankees in four or five. I HATE THE FRIGGIN' YANKEES!

Last year I had a free Yahoo fantasy hockey team. It lead the league from very early on right up until the last week of the playoffs when I got beat in the finals. Damn it. This year I have another team and after blowing out the first week's opponent and holding the top spot in the standings I am now in 7th out of 12 teams after three weeks. Crud. Suckville.

The good sports news however, is the Bruins appear to be righting the ship. They had a dramatic come back win over Ottawa Saturday night. Watch the highlights. Watch and see for yourselves that Tim Thomas is once again, "The Man."


On the happy news front Jen is feeling much better. Because of her sinus infection last week the kids stayed with their father over the weekend. It was a definite bummer not having them, but it was necessary to keep them from getting sick. On top of that, we are going to be away during our regularly scheduled time this week. That sucks. So Jen and the kids' father changed the schedule for this week so we get them tonight and tomorrow. That is very good. I miss them and will be very happy to see them. They are probably both a foot taller than they were last week.

If by some chance you are from South Bend, Indiana and know of fun things to do that do not involve college football or catholic schools please leave a comment and clue me in to the good stuff. Thanks.

Go Phillies
Go Bruins

No comments:

Post a Comment