Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Other Random Stuff

I might win the nerd lottery tomorrow. Google is unleashing the new Google Wave beta tomorrow.

Based on the confusing info I've read, Wave will take instant messaging, email, wiki, and file sharing and smoosh it all together into one shining chunk of wicked awesome.

A few weeks ago I put in my name to be one of about 100,000 beta testers. The invites come out tomorrow. If I get one I think I will get to invite a few other people to use it with me. Which means you all had better start being nice to me pronto! (just kidding, you're all nice to me all ready)

What else?

My teeth have been hurting like holy hell all day today. Pain meds have not been having much of an affect. I think it might be related to the fact that I am completely exhausted. That would be counter productive though as the teeth pain tends to make sleeping difficult. Figures, eh?

What else?

The Bruins regular season starts Thursday. Oh Happy Day! I should log into yahoo and get my fantasy line up squared away, pronto. I just clicked on a link to a hockey news article on rookies to keep an eye on this year. Maybe I'll try and grab some as free agents and look like the fantasy hockey nerd who can read the future. Or something like that.

What else?

The books on tape experiment is proceeding nicely. I am well into the second of the seven Dark Tower novels. (Eddie has already been drawn and I was introduced to Detta/Odetta this morning.) I am not finding my mind wandering while listening to some strangers voice talking to me. I am following along with the details quite well. Of course, I have read this book three or four times in the past so maybe it's all subliminal in some weird way. I don't care, I'm enjoying it.

What else?

I am about to read an article called How Iconic Movie Characters Would Deal with a Zombie Attack. The first iconic character is John McClain from the Die Hard series. Isn't it obvious? He'd machine gun the entire zombie horde to jello while running around barefoot. duh

What else?

Nothing. We'll call it a night... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment