Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wow, Look at the Time!

It's almost 5:00pm and I haven't posted here yet! What's the matter with me? I don't think I've missed a day since I started this ridiculous waste of time back in November. What a shame to miss a day now.

What have we done today?

Sleep.

After coming home from the emergency room late last night (she's fine, we just didn't give the medicine enough time to bring the fever down and got a little scared) we went to bed and were all so tired we managed to sleep a little bit late.

Once we got up I started laundry, then I played a hard hitting game of Mouse Trap with the kids. After a few on-demand cartoons Jen and my step son went grocery shopping while the sick girl and I stayed home and watched Freaky Friday... the Lindsy Lohan version. How do you spell, "ouch?"

Then we had lunch, followed by a very competitive game of Life. After all these years I still think it's the best board game in the known universe.

After Life the kids wanted to sit on the living room and play games on our laptops. Now Mom is making us an Indian food dinner. After that we'll have some more of the cake we baked yesterday.

Did I mention we baked a chocolate chip cookie dough cake with home made cookie dough frosting? I had one bite and my heart rate increased by 20%. Bliss.

It's been a long, busy weekend that some how barely involved us leaving the house. It's been a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment