Friday, August 21, 2009

The Twitter Wagon

Last night my wife, the beautiful Jennifer I rave so much about on these here pages, finally had a holy-shit-that-was-fun! experience on twitter.

One of the top 10 trending topics was #songsincode. Song lyrics written in source code. She ate it for lunch. She was so good at it that after a little while she had two or three people telling her how awesome her posts were and she was being retweeted left and right.

Here's what she posted. (I hope she doesn't mind being retweeted outside of twitter. hehe)

1: int acceptKnock= 3; int deniedKnock= 2; if (wantsMe) assert("Knock " + acceptKnock.ToString() + " times on the ceiling");

2: do { document.write("young") };

3: SELECT * FROM ROCK WHERE YOU Like 'Hurricane%'

4: if (forest.Unrest== true && trees.Trouble == true) maples.formUnion();

5: if (sprit.HasVision) { dream.HasMission = true} ;

6: for (int i=1; i<=4; i++) { assert(i.ToString() + " banana" } assert("Tra la la");

7: case (name == "love"): break;

8: if (!preacher.Son) !me.Reach();

9: if (you.Ready) { me.Ready = true; }

10: if (DateTime.Now.Hour == 5) { somewhere == true};

11: me.IsTooSexy(shirt) == true; me.IsTooSexy(milan) == true; me.IsTooSexy(NY) == true;

12: while (you.Breathe && you.Move) { me.DoWatch(you); }

13: you.GetOut(dreams); you.GetIn(car); me.Say(Yeah);

14: double money = 0; ArrayList chicks = new ArrayList(); foreach (chick in chicks) { chick.cost = money; }

15: if (me.Sing(!tune)) { you.WalkOut(me); }

16: leaves.color = #8B4513; sky.color == #A9A9A9; if (season == "Winter) { me.Dreaming(California);}

17: baby.color = #000000; me.feeling.color = #0000FF;

18: girl.dress.color = #000000; me.feeling.color = #0000FF;

19: me.GimmeThat(FiletOFish); me.GimmeThat(Fish);

20: if (!you) { me.Hear(birds) = false; }

21: debris.Contains(car); car.color = #DC143C; car.fireEngine(); foreach(Tire tire in car.Tires) { tire.SpitGravel(); };

22: ElderlyWoman.SetLocation(Pasadena);

23: if (DateTime.Now.Hour >= 9 && DateTime.Now.Hour <= 5) person.Working;

24: div id="oldOakTree" style = "color: #FAFAD2;">ribbon /div> (one < style="font-size:78%;">

There you have it. 24 reasons why I love my wife.




answer key... if I know the title I'll write it, if I don't I'll write the lyric... unless I can't figure it out, then we'll have to hope Mrs P adds a comment.

1: Knock three times by Tony Orlando
2: Forever Young by... Rod Stewart but he didn't write that one, did he?
3: Rock You Like a Hurricane in SQL by The Scorpions
4: The Trees by Rush (I would marry her all over again just for that)
5: Mission by Rush (I would marry her all over again for that one too)
6: The Banana Splits Theme. Absolute Genius!
7: Stop in the Name of Love by The Supremes.
8: Son of a Preacher Man (is that the title?) by Dusty Springfield (I think? Yes)
9: I'm Ready by Allison Weiss. A massive twitter user's song gets tweeted in code.
10: It's five o'clock somewhere.
11: I'm Too Sexy... Right Said Fred? Was that their name?
12: Every Breath You Take by The Police.
13: Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Car by some one whose name I forget. Billy Ocean?
14: Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. Freakin Brilliant!
15: A Little Help from My Friends by The Beatles. (I would marry her again for that one as well)
16: California Dreaming by The Mamas and the Papas. Pure #songsincode Gold!
17: Baby's in Black by The Beatles (another worthy of marrying all over again)
18: This one I don't know... girl in a black dress makes me blue. hmmmm
19: Gimme that Filet o Fish jingle. I wife is the most amazing person ever to exist among humans.
20: Till There Was You as done by The Beatles. Our wedding dance.
21: Red Barchetta by Rush. (do I have to tell you'd I'd remarry her for this? I would)
22: Little Old Lady from Pasadena.
23: Working 9 to 5.
24: Book ending with Tony Orlando... Tie a Yellow Ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment