Monday, August 10, 2009

Pests and Car Issues

I've talked here a few times about how much I hate house centipedes. They are evil and vile and I want them to be extinct. (at least from our house)

On Saturday we were at an auto shop getting one of the cars inspected and I saw this van...



Perfect, thinks me, if we see more than the occasional centipede (we've only seen a couple this summer) we can call those folks to brutally murder the rest of them.

At that moment I happened to look across the street and I saw this...



You can't make it out on this iPhone photo, but the little white building with the red shutters is an exterminator's office. Was some one trying to tell us something?

As for the car, it flunked the Mass state inspection due to bad tires. The tires looked fine to me, but I'm clueless. They told us the back tires needed to be replaced. So, we went up to Sullivan Tire in Salem and got them replaced. Perfect! Not really. They told us that the struts were leaking and the CV Boot was ripped. I had never heard of a CV Boot. Jen's mother had. She had because one of hers went bad and she lost the ability to steer the car. So... the car is in the shop, hopefully getting a new CV Boot today.

Oh, and after getting tires we went back to the station across the street from the exterminator and got reinspected. The little blue car is now legal. It's in the shop, but it's legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment