Thursday, August 13, 2009

Coming Up Empty

What to say? No idea.

Check out this USA Today story on former Red Sox and current Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo. In it he talks very openly about taking supplements, blurring the line between supplements and steroids, and the general issue of drugs in baseball. It's an interesting read. It might be the first time I've heard a player be completely open about the situation. He says he expects that he's on the list of 104 players from the 2003 drug tests. He also says that he takes many items that are not on baseball's banned list, but also aren't on the approved list. The story hints that a 50 game suspension might be in his future. Is he being reckless? Yes. Is he being smart? Absolutely. When his inevitable 50 game vacation comes down the pike he can look at this story and say, I didn't take steroids and I told you all about it. Nice move.

The Red Sox play at 1:35 today. After getting annihilated by the Yankees they have a chance to annihilate the 1st place Tigers in return. It's not exactly payback, but if feels good. We get Texas over the weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to open up some breathing room in the wild card race.

We need to go on a weekend getaway. We won't because we're using our money for other more important things, but I would love to go hide some where for an overnight. The mountains beckon. The Ocean beckons. The Pawtucket Red Sox beckon. (and by that I mean everything beckons) Leave a comment and suggest something.

There is a game night this weekend. We might have to miss it. There will be kids there and there will be others with recently compromised immune systems. Jen and I have been hanging around with a kid who has pneumonia that was caused by a contagious bacterial infection. I am 99% sure no one would get anything from us. I am 100% sure that the other 1% makes staying away a smart move. If we don't go we'll volunteer to host the next one, and if someone already claimed September we'll do October. Maybe we'll do that even if we do go.

I've got nothing else on my mind right now. I guess I'll leave it there for now. Have a good one, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment