Friday, July 17, 2009

What's the next Challenge?

I've been thinking about the moon landings a lot the last couple of days. I've needed something to cheer me up now and then and seeing humans literally doing the impossible is usually a good way to do it.

President Kennedy challenged us to send a man to the moon and bring him back safely. We did that. What's the next challenge? A lot of people commenting on various Apollo 11 related stories I've read seem to think that Mars is the next step. I agree that Mars is a step, but is it the next one?

President John F. Kennedy and I are both Irish Catholics from Massachusetts, so I feel I am qualified to make the next challenge to my fellow American citizens.

I challenge us to land a man on the moon and bring him back safely... after living on the moon for six months.

There you go NASA. Get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment