Friday, July 24, 2009

I Know Exactly Why I am Tired Today

This morning at 3:00am the toothache woke up. Seconds later, so did I.

The toothache has been there off and on for a couple of months now. It hasn't been that big a deal. It starts to hurt, I take some Tylenol, the hurt goes away, I carry on with my life.

Yesterday during the day it wasn't bad at all. I didn't need any dope to dull the pain, it just didn't bother me. It started acting up again not long before bed though, and I took some Tylenol at about 9:00pm.

When I woke up at 3:00am I got out of bed and took some more. I went back to bed and quickly fell back to sleep.

For about 20 minutes.

I was awake again before 3:30am and I haven't slept since. The pain isn't agonizing, I can still function, it is just bad enough to keep me from having any chance of falling asleep. I got out of bed about an hour later and went to Uncle Jimmy's chair and tried to sleep sitting up straight. No luck. I then resigned myself to wakefulness and grabbed a book. I paused briefly for a battle to the death with a centipede (guess who won) and later ended up on my computer looking for Rush bootlegs.

I have given up trying to fight the offending tooth myself and have made an appointment with a Dentist in Methuen. My lifelong Dentist, Dr Cleary, has retired and I have to find a new one. It's going to be sad not hearing my dentist swear during the check up.

Total change of subject: Yesterday I was all excited that we would be able to take the kids to karate this week. There are two problems with that. First, I now have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. Second, and most important, we don't have the kids this weekend. I got so excited about a free Saturday morning that I forgot the little when-do-we-get-the-kids detail. Urgh

No comments:

Post a Comment