Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another reason to love my iPhone

A couple of weeks ago I decided I'd had it. There was one intersection on my evening commute that backed up for a mile and caused me to wait at a stop light for upwards of 10 minutes. I didn't want to do that any more.

So I was sitting at the previous stop light looking at the traffic already backed up at the next light which was over a mile away and I took my iPhone, accessed the maps app, searched for my current location, and found a way around the traffic.

Last night I was on my alternate route and saw a street sign I recognized from much further along. I took the iPhone, accessed the maps app, searched for my current location, and figured out that taking the new street puts me further along on my regular route without so many twists, turns, and narrow passes. I took it. It sped things up nicely.

The bad intersection isn't nearly as bad in the morning, but I took the tweeked alternate route for the first time today. I think it added a few minutes, but it may be worth it. In the evening it's definitely worth it, in the mornings... maybe.

I love my iPhone. I love the maps app. I love the GPS. I just love them all.

The cake situation mentioned earlier is a little clearer but we're still unsure of a plan of action. They are not closed, they are actually opening yet another storefront... I think. So they are expanding but their phone was shut off. hmmmm. Jen got in touch with the owner via email yesterday (some one paid a bill maybe?) and she appologized for being so crazy busy and wants to have the final meeting on Saturday.

Do we do it? Do we lose our deposit and just go some where else? I'm not sure. Jen had set up a tasting at another bakery for Saturday morning. I think maybe we should consider both meetings. Meet with baker #2, then meet with bakery #1 and say we're ready to bolt, convince us not to.

Just a thought.

Jen and I are meeting with the priest tonight to give him our final choices for readings and ceremony plans. One more thing to check off the list. 25 days to go.

I tried to watch the Red Sox vs Yankees game last night but they were in a rain delay so I switched over to the Penguins vs Capitals game.

Wow.

What a game!

I basically watched the second period, and what a fantastic period it was. Crosby and Ovetchkin both score, the pace was lightening fast, both goalies standing on their heads. What a game.

I just looked at the box score. Washington won 4-3. Crosby scored all three Pittsburgh goals. Ovetchkin scored three of Washington's goals including the game winner 15:22 into the third. The two best players on Earth both had hat tricks in the same game. Is that awesome or what?

Washington takes a 2-0 series lead. I don't see Pittsburgh coming back from that, but let's hope they can at least push it to seven games so we can see more and more of this matchup.

Bruins tomorrow on the road against Carolina. Figures after the first post season loss they get an extra day off. Hopefully they use the time to get seriously pissed off and they come out like mad men (like the Caps or Pens maybe?) and light up the South with an unbeatable display of hockey ass kicking.

One can hope.

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment