Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The San Jose Sharks Just Hate Me

...and now I hate them back. There is probably going to be swearing in this one, just so ya know.

Choke. Suck. San Jose. Three synonyms.

Best team in the regular season. Dominate from wire to wire. Ousted in 6 games by a #8 seed. Fucking ridiculous. Me, the idiot who last season picked them to win the cup only to see them fall in the 2nd round for, what, the third straight year, swore never to pick them again... then I saw the first round match up and thought the collapse would wait until the 2nd round yet again.

Nope, they lost in the first.

People are talking about how shocking it is. I disagree. The shock was losing games one and two. After that the series loss was inevitable. Nothing shocking anymore. Thornton, Marleau, Nabokov, all of you can spend the rest of your lives being known for sucking hard when it matters most. There are some cup winners in the lineup who will have great careers tarnished by the inability to show up in the playoffs this year. Sorry Rob Blake, I've always been a big fan, (how can you not be a fan of a guy who throws ass checks like Johnny Bucyk?) but your rep definitely takes a hit here.

This was hands down the best team in the NHL from day one right through the end of the regular season. No offense to Detroit or to my hallowed Boston Bruins, both of whom are just awesome teams, but you guys weren't in their league. They were clearly the best team. Top to bottom.

And now they are nothing but a bunch of Montreal flavored losers.

The part that hurts the most is that my days of rooting for Joe Thornton are officially over. You suck Joe. I've been singing your praises since day one, but when the great players need to step up you disappear. You suck Joe. It hurts me to say that, but you suck. I hope looking at your huge regular season numbers makes you feel better about yet another poor post season showing, and yet another missed opportunity to put a Stanley Cup ring on that finger. I'm done with you.

To cap off the bad hockey night, the Flames were ousted by the Blackhawks as well. Two more first round predictions that I got wrong. I don't blame the Flames though, they at least played as hard as their injury plagued line up could. It was a long shot to pick them over Chicago anyway. The Hawks are a good team.

Tonight the East playoffs end with two game sevens. Will Boston play New York, Carolina, or Pittsburgh in the second round? We'll know at some point tonight. I am ready to start rooting for a team that didn't lie down and die in the first round like a bunch of wimps. Good riddance San Jose. You fucking suck.

Go Bruins

PS: The Boston Red Sox earned their 11th straight win last night to move into a tie with Toronto for first place in the American League East. There's a team that loves me as much as I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment