Thursday, April 16, 2009

BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!

In the immortal words of Rod Stewart, "Tonight's the night!"

(okay, so maybe I'm giving Hot Rod the Mod a tad too much credit there, but he did sing in the original Jeff Beck group and I am therefore eternally indebted to him for at least two of the records he worked on in his 9000 year long career.)

I sense I'm going to be sliding off topic quite a bit today.

Last night I watched the Penguins completely undo the Flyers. It was nice. I picked the Pens to win the series, but I would rather see the weaker Flyers win in the hopes that the Bruins will have as easy a time as possible getting to the cup finals. Assuming the Bruins can re-break their Montreal jinx. The lost something like 9852 consecutive playoff series to the Canadiens before finally beating them in... in... 1988 was it? I think so. Now we've lost three in a row. This streak ends this year (please please please please please let the playoff series losing streak to Montreal end this year). I am cautiously optimistic.

The Rangers beat Washington. That could be interesting. If the Bruins beat Montreal and the Rangers beat Washington we could have a chance to spank both of our most hated rivals in the same playoff year. Montreal and New York. That could be fun.

What the hell did I do to myself? I've been having a toothache for a couple of days. That's driving me a little nuts at times, but mostly it's been manageable. This morning though I feel like I pulled a muscle in my left shoulder. Every time I move my head I get pain from the shoulder blade all the way up to behind me ear. This sucks!

Jen was on call last night starting at 10:30. Her company rolled out a new code version and she had to work on any bugs that immediately popped up. I told her I'd stay up with her. She was working until 1:30 in the morning. I was in bed at 10:40. I totally failed her. I need to do something sweet for her to make it up to her. I'm not very good with stuff like that though, so post a comment with an idea or two.

Speaking of comments, we have the opportunity to see the San Diego Padres play in three different stadiums during the California portion of our honeymoon. We can see them play at home, at Dodgers' Stadium, and the Big A in Anaheim. Three games on our honeymoon is pushing it. We might go to two games at most. Which stadiums should we go to? Vote for one or two of the above mentioned three in a comment please. Thanks

I'm going to go take a fist full of aspirin in hopes of deadening the pain in my retarded shoulder.

Go Bruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment