Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Crap

This is one of those Random Crap type posts that will mean nothing to anyone other than me. Kind of like every other post I've ever posted.

The Bruins lost to the San Jose Sharks last night. I watched parts of the first period and all of the second period. We were having dinner at my parent's house and we left after the second. I had the beginning of the third period on the radio. It was 2-1 Boston when I got in the car and 3-2 San Jose when I got out of it.

Up until that point it was a great game. The second period was high energy, fast skating, awesome passing plays, and out of this world goal tending. The final score was 5-2 Sharks, which is why I am not posting highlights.

My gut has been telling me all year that San Jose is the better team. I am still expecting to see either San Jose or Detroit winning the cup this year. But still... the Bruins have been so over the top good I am, despite last night's game, starting to see them at least taking the East. I don't know if I'm getting too excited though. They will probably tank in the first round again, just like San Jose will probably tank in the second round. Dallas could be the winner for all I know.

Speaking of Hockey... it's uber-nerd time for Robbie. I have a fantasy hockey team in one of the free yahoo sports leagues. My team, which I named "Neely is God," is in first place for the second week in a row. I'm far enough ahead that I am guaranteed to be in first next week too no matter what happens in this weeks games.



I had the second pick in the draft, which means I have Sidney Crosby, which means that I am almost guaranteed to win the assist stat each week. My goal tending has been stealing points left and right. Tim Thomas is definitely the man.



I can see you oozing with jealousy over that lineup. I just hope Steve Mason gets over Mono quick so that I can move Tomas Holmstrom to the IR and pick up another right winger. I told you this would be uber-nerdish.

I haven't written the obligatory RPM update in a few days. I left off on Thursday with three songs started. I didn't work over the weekend (as expected) but I got back into it yesterday and today. I am now up to five songs started. One of them uses multiple time signatures as part of FAWM's challenge of the week. The song itself sucks though, as expected.

I still have a cold. It's getting better though. I thought I was over it on Monday morning but it came roaring back on me. Stupid cold. Stupid, stupid cold.

That's it. Maybe more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment